My name is Paul Gaumer and I am a French developer and startup consultant currently living in Angers (France) with my wife and son.
Startups in Japan...
I spent the past 10 years living in Japan where I was lucky enough to have many lives, starting by a first career in sales and marketing. Helping foreign companies succeed in Japan was my mission through talent acquisition, product development tailored to the local market and the launch of innovative products (Babolat Play)
Discovering a passion for code and design, I jumped into the recent awakening of the Tokyo startup scene by creating Japan’s very first coding bootcamp: Le Wagon
Our missions were to:
- Bring technical skills to creatives and entrepreneurs
- Provide a pool a talents to the growing startup community
- Support the development of innovative solutions post-bootcamp
- Educate the Japanese market to alternative education and lifestyle models
After 3 years of activity and opening two locations (Tokyo & Kyoto), Le Wagon Japan trained over 150 students from 30+ nationalities, now in positions of founders, developers, UX designers, product managers or digital marketers.
- Previous students now work at Facebook, Apple, Amazon as well as boutique agencies and blue chips.
To help my son discover another side of his biculturality, my family and I came back to France during Summer 2019
I am now developing web services for a wide range of businesses and supporting startups in their growth, from ideation to market strategy.
I am open to local and remote missions. Let's talk!
I have been fortunate to run numerous workshops and be invited to events and panels as a speaker, including the following:
- Tokyo Fintech - Careers in Finch & Recruitment
- Venture Cafe - How to start a business in Japan, from visa to strategy
- Sekai Creator Entrepreneurship Contest - Judge panel
- BeyondLab - How to get started in Japan
- Tokyo Tech Startups - Entrepreneurship 101
- Ideathon: Come with an idea, leave with a prototype
- How to build a landing page in 2 hours
- Introduction to UX design
- Build your first React application
- APIs for beginners
- Technical workflow in Startups